Introduction to Juno RxTracker
In the following Juno RxTracker podcast interview, Todd Mingo, General Manager for Juno RxTracker, discusses DSS’ new solution that was designed by clinicians for clinicians for smarter, faster and safer ePrescribing.
While ePrescribing originally started in 2003 as a result of the Medicare Modernization Act (MMA), it has become a common method for providers to fulfill patient prescriptions.
Today, ePrescribing is going through another period of massive growth and adoption by individual practices, which will continue as a new mandate for the use of Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substance (EPCS) technology comes into the spotlight.
As of January 1st, 2021, providers will need to use an EPCS solution for the ePrescribing of controlled substances. With the right ePrescribing partner, it is possible to easily be up-and-running with a solution that both meets the requirements and streamlines the entire prescribing process.
This is why DSS is launching its Juno RxTracker solution, which offers streamlined ePrescribing for faster, intuitive, clinician-built workflows. It’s also an EPCS-certified solution that boosts patient safety through an automated electronic prescription process for all medications, including controlled substances.
Following are highlights from this interview:
- A high-level overview of ePrescribing. (:42)
- About the role of ePrescribing and controlled substances. (4:37)
- About the EPCS mandate, and the upcoming deadline for compliance for individual practices. (7:25)
- About the new Juno RxTracker ePrescribing solution. (10:00)
- How Juno RxTracker offers a super-easy set up and implementation for providers. (14:00)