Your electronic health record (EHR) system is just that: yours. You shouldn’t have to deal with workarounds, staff burnout, and a lack of useful features.
Healthcare solutions like your EHR should meet your clinicians’ needs and enable you to own your digital transformation instead of being stuck in a legacy system that no longer works for you. Unfortunately, people tend to get accustomed to products and services they’ve used for years. They become so comfortable with legacy systems that they create workarounds or make accommodations, even if it causes problems (and burnout).
How do you know if you’ve become complacent with your EHR system and its numerous problems? Read on to find out the questions you should be asking yourself.
How to Tell You’ve Become Complacent with Your EHR
Unfortunately, healthcare technologies tend to be far behind the tech in other service industries, leading to unprecedented levels of burnout. This isn’t how a profession that saves lives should operate. Your healthcare solutions should be improving—not preventing—patient care.
Is it time to consider a new EHR system and break up with your current one? Here are some questions to ask yourself to find out:
- Does our EHR documentation contribute to clinician burnout?
- Do we have both paper and digital systems?
- Do we have interoperability challenges, such as managing inconsistent data from multiple sources?
- Are the required fields in our EHR irrelevant to what we need and use it for?
- Have we had to implement workarounds to be able to deal with our EHR?
- Is our EHR adding additional work, instead of lightening our workload?
- Is there a lack of vendor support?
- Are there frequent technical issues?
- Is our current EHR missing important features?
- Does our EHR have the capability to grow with our company and with healthcare technology advancements?
- Is our current EHR interfering with our ability to provide patient care?
If you said YES to three or more of the questions above, you are likely complacent with your current EHR and it's causing headaches instead of solving them! Great news, there are EHR solutions out there built to remove these barriers.
How to Break Away from Your EHR Issues
So how can you fix it? Invest in an EHR, such as Juno Health, that is built BY clinicians FOR clinicians. An EHR system created with clinicians in mind will be precisely what you need it to be rather than failing to meet your needs.
Legacy EHRs promised a lot at the beginning, but they were created without clinician input or even clinician consideration.
According to research, approximately 90 percent of physicians in offices across the US use EHR systems, and physicians spend 3.5-6 hours per day logging data in an EHR. Some of the information required to be collected is clinically irrelevant, resulting in more time spent documenting data than providing care. With healthcare solutions like Juno EHR, you can customize your workflows, user access, and content to ensure it delivers what your clinicians need so they can focus on what matters.
Ready to Invest in Solutions to Your EHR Problems?
Your clinicians deserve an EHR that works smoothly and enables them to focus on what matters most: patient care. Juno Health offers several resources to help your clinicians focus on care rather than documentation. Check out our solutions for Acute Care, Behavioral Health, and Emergency Services.
Are you ready to break up with your current EHR system? Break the cycle of complacency and contact us to see what an EHR built by clinicians for clinicians can do for you.